A 32 year old female presents with headaches, visual disturbance and fever.
- Hb 92g/L
- MCV 99fl
- Platelets 38×109/l
- WCC and differential – mild neutrophilia
- Name some features of the blood film?
- What are the differential diagnosis?
- What further investigations would you want?
- What questions would you want to ask her?
Please reply to us (@TeamHaem) on Twitter and always include #TeamHaem to allow others to follow your comments. Please join in the debate and learn about haematological problems along the way. The case will continue to evolve over the coming week so keep checking #TeamHaem on Twitter for more information.
Please note – all cases on TeamHaem are entirely fictional to protect patient confidentiality.
TeamHaem are not a position of authority. It is an educational platform to allow discussion and learning.