Welcome to this week’s TeamHaem case!
This week we start in general practice.
A 70 year old man saw your colleague complaining of shoulder pain.
Some bloods were done as he was due his ‘well man’ bloods around the same time.
- Hb 145g/l
- Plt 270
- Wcc 8.0
- Neuts 3.5
- Na 136
- K+ 4.1
- Urea 4.0
- Creat 77
- IgA 2.97g/L normal range 0.64-2.97
- IgG 10g/l normal range 5.8-15.4g/l
- IgM 1.5g/l normal range 0.24-1.9g/l
- There is a monoclonal igA lambda paraprotein 2g/l
- What would you say to the patient?
- What other information would you like to know?
Join us on Twitter @TeamHaem and let us know what your thoughts are, what questions you have and what you want to do as we see this case evolve over the next week. Remember to use #teamhaem on all your posts to help us follow the case! Please note – all cases on TeamHaem are entirely fictional to protect patient confidentiality. TeamHaem are not a position of authority. It is an educational platform to allow discussion and learning.